Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thats very islamic of you


Nita, Courtney, and I were the first ones to get there. when we go arrived, the prayer leader, hishamahmed, greeted us at the door and invited us in. Before we could go in he asked to take our shoes off, because it was apart of their religious way. I thought he was the coolest holy man i have ever met in my life. He explained to us his religion in a very respectful way, and also shared some laughs with us. To be honest with you, that man was my boy! I thought that the building was pretty small, but beautiful when you got in there. While i was there, i learned how they prayed and witch direction they did so in. He answered one of the questions t.j. and i had been wondering about, The sacred black rock. What i thought was really cool was that we had to take our shoes off to come in. I loved the Islamic center!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Interesting post. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to the Islamic Center as much as you did. I too thought the Imam was a very neat and kind man.

I will tell you how many points you earned for the entire assignment on your first post for this assignment.